Summer Skin Care
May 31 2019
The outdoor temperature is on the rise, and with that comes the opportunity to shed a few layers of clothing and show off your gorgeous skin! But, what if your skin has been treated harshly over the past winter months? Never fear! We’ve made a list of our top tips to get your skin in excellent shape for summer.
1. Exfoliation. Good exfoliation will remove dead, dulling skin cells and other debris to prevent clogged pores and improve moisturizer absorption. The best time to exfoliate is in the morning, because makeup will last longer on freshly exfoliated skin. Just remember to apply your SPF afterward, as freshly exfoliated skin is more prone to sun damage.
2. Hydration. You can apply intensive masques up to two times a week to quickly increase your skin’s hydration. Using boosters, layered underneath a moisturizer, or toners will provide a refreshing moisturizer prep. Refresh hydration throughout the day with a revitalizing toner spritz at your desk, in the car, at the gym, or wherever you find yourself!
3. Drink water. Hydrating your skin is important, but hydrating your body is another must! Higher temperatures and more time outdoors can lead to internal dehydration, which results in headaches, dizzy spells, and of course dry skin. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day to help maintain the critical moisture balance of your body and skin. Take note: If you drink caffeinated beverages, you must triple the amount of water you drink to avoid dehydration!
4. Limit your UV exposure. It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen; you must apply enough, and reapply frequently. Studies show that most people do not apply nearly as much sun protection as they should. Apply before you head outdoors, and re-apply every two hours. Try to stay out of the midday sun from the hours of 10-4 whenever you can.
5. Get professional help. A spa facial involves deep cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing. They can help to correct any issues you may have with your skin already while also minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.
If you neglected your skin last winter, come see us at Regina Webb Salon & Spa. Our team of professionals can help you with all your skincare needs. For an appointment, call us on (270) 781-4676, or visit us at 1250 Westen St. in Bowling Green.You can also contact us online, or get our free mobile app on Amazon or Google Play to make your appointments at your convenience.
- Experience the Regina Webb Mobile App
- Day to Night Hairstyles with No Fuss
- Redken Chemistry Treatment
- Treat Your Body and Your Mind
- What Kind of Statement Does Your Haircolor Make?
- Hot Weather Makeup Tips
- Manicures & Pedicures Offer Many Benefits
- Get a Summer Glow the Healthy Way
- Hot Summer Cuts for Women
- Summer Skin Care
- Summer Hair Maintenance
- Keep Your Scalp Healthy With Nioxin
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage
- REGINA WEBB PRODUCTS
- HydraFacial Treatment