Skin Care Tips for Winter
January 31 2020
Cold winter air can be especially harsh to your skin. The low temps combined with wind and low humidity outside will dry your skin out, while warm and dry air indoors will further rob the moisture from your skin. Without proper care, dry skin can lead to redness, itchiness, chapping, and cracking, and make other skin conditions such as eczema and acne worse. Taking proper care of your skin this season can counteract these effects and keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. The following are some of our top tips to keep your skin looking its best in the winter and beyond.
1. Invest in a humidifier. Running a humidifier in your home or office will add moisture to dry winter air and help keep your skin hydrated. Use a humidifier in the rooms you are in the most, including your bedroom while sleeping.
2. Limit shower time and temps. It may feel tempting to go for a long hot shower, but try to resist. Your skin will fare much better in a room temperature shower that only lasts around 5-10 minutes. You should even avoid high heat when washing your hands to avoid irritation and dryness.
3. Lower the thermostat. Don’t keep the heat turned up too high indoors, and turn the temperature down even lower at night. Dress in layers and use more blankets on your bed at night to help you stay comfortable. This little tip will help your skin retain its much-needed moisture, and also help you to be more alert during the day while sleeping better at night.
4. Sun protection. UV rays can still damage your skin in winter! A high percentage of damaging UVAs still penetrate the atmosphere, which will in turn age your skin. Just as in the summer, exercise caution if you’re outdoors during the day. Sunscreen should be worn during extended sun exposure, and hats and full-coverage clothing will also help.
5. Call a pro! Professional facials involve deep cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing. We can help to correct any issues you may have with your skin already-such as acne- while also minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. Exfoliation is especially important to rid your skin of dead skin cells and allow a good quality moisturizer to penetrate your skin and build a protective barrier.
Don’t neglect your skin this winter. Come see us at Regina Webb Salon & Spa. Our team of professionals can help you with all your skincare needs. For an appointment, call us on (270) 781-4676, or visit us at 1250 Westen St. in Bowling Green. You can also contact us online, or get our free mobile app on Amazon or Google Play to make an appointment at your convenience.
- What Message is Your Haircolor Sending?
- Aveda Products for All Your Hair Concerns
- Keeping Your Color-Treated Hair Looking Fresh
- Beat the Winter Blues with a New Hair Color
- Skin Care Tips for Winter
- All About Massage Therapy from Regina Webb
- NYE Makeup Looks
- Easy Holiday Hairstyles
- Discover Nioxin Scalp Renew
- Experience a HydraFacial at Regina Webb
- Stick With Your Waxing Routine
- Experience the Regina Webb Mobile App
- Day to Night Hairstyles with No Fuss
- Redken Chemistry Treatment
- Treat Your Body and Your Mind
- What Kind of Statement Does Your Haircolor Make?
- Hot Weather Makeup Tips
- Manicures & Pedicures Offer Many Benefits
- Get a Summer Glow the Healthy Way
- Hot Summer Cuts for Women
- Summer Skin Care
- Summer Hair Maintenance
- Keep Your Scalp Healthy With Nioxin
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage
- REGINA WEBB PRODUCTS
- HydraFacial Treatment