Pamper Yourself with a Massage
April 15 2019
Various cultures from around the world have utilized massage therapy in their healing practices throughout history. Today, we use many different types of massage therapy for a variety of health-related purposes. Here at Regina Webb Salon & Spa, we offer a full range of massage options to suit your needs. If you’re new to this type of treatment, we understand the options can be confusing. Here, we will highlight the differences to help you choose the best one for you.
Swedish. This is what most people visualize when they hear the word massage. The main goal of this type of massage is to relax the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of the blood flow towards the heart. Beyond relaxation, though, this type of massage is also beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, and improving circulation and flexibility.
Hot Stone. Hot stone massage is a specialty treatment using smooth, heated stones as an extension of your therapist’s hands or used in specific places on the body. The heat is deeply relaxing and can warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply. This type of massage relieves muscle tension and pain, reduces stress and anxiety, and promotes relaxation and sleep.
Prenatal. A customized massage for the mother-to-be in her second or third trimester, prenatal massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches, and swelling.
Sports. Sports massage goes beyond promoting relaxation and pain relief. It can help improve performance and prevent injury - in addition to helping the body recover from injuries associated with physical activity. Sports can be repetitive, especially for runners, cyclists, racquet sports players, and weightlifters. This massage will help release muscle tension and promote tissue repair and muscle balance for a safer workout.
Are you ready to pamper yourself? Make an appointment today at Regina Webb Salon & Spa. Our massage therapists will help you choose the best service for your needs and you’ll feel relaxed and rejuvenated. For an appointment, call us on (270) 781-4676, or visit us at 1250 Westen St. in Bowling Green. You can also contact us online, or get our free mobile app on Amazon or Google Play to make your appointments at your convenience.
- What Message is Your Haircolor Sending?
- Aveda Products for All Your Hair Concerns
- Keeping Your Color-Treated Hair Looking Fresh
- Beat the Winter Blues with a New Hair Color
- Skin Care Tips for Winter
- All About Massage Therapy from Regina Webb
- NYE Makeup Looks
- Easy Holiday Hairstyles
- Discover Nioxin Scalp Renew
- Experience a HydraFacial at Regina Webb
- Stick With Your Waxing Routine
- Experience the Regina Webb Mobile App
- Day to Night Hairstyles with No Fuss
- Redken Chemistry Treatment
- Treat Your Body and Your Mind
- What Kind of Statement Does Your Haircolor Make?
- Hot Weather Makeup Tips
- Manicures & Pedicures Offer Many Benefits
- Get a Summer Glow the Healthy Way
- Hot Summer Cuts for Women
- Summer Skin Care
- Summer Hair Maintenance
- Keep Your Scalp Healthy With Nioxin
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage
- REGINA WEBB PRODUCTS
- HydraFacial Treatment